Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Motherboard Working? How To Test It &cpu

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 famreeks

famreeks

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:54 AM

A friends PC was connected to broadband cable modem and had a lightning /thunderstorm in area while PC was on. Lost screen display and internet - I have tried replacing the VGA card and still no good - have put HDD in other PC and system works - but have also discovered that the modems ethernet connection is faulty since storm and now must connect to net via the USB port - but I want to make sure that the original PC's motherboard is definately dead before throwing it out!!! As I stated I have replaced the VGA card in effected PC and the power supply starts up but no display screen - I think the HDD powers up but do not know if it is actually booting !!! - I switch off PC (only possible by pulling power cord or throwing switch at back because the front power switch has no effect in turning it off/on!!) So....Is there a way to test the actual motherboard and or /CPU for life ?? Cheers Mike

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:59 PM

Is there a light on the motherboard? Some of them have a little diode. Also, do any fans spin when you turn the power on? Maybe I'm not understanding you.... Does the computer seem to turn on?

Edited by wng_z3r0, 28 January 2005 - 02:09 PM.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005