This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Just did Windows 10 upgrade and can't install itunes

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I keep getting microsoft.vc80.drt,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="ifc8b3b9a1e18e3b"processor architecture="amd64"  HRRESULTS: Ox80073715

Hi Starwood,

 

1   Is this the same computer that Marius is helping you with over in the Virus and spyware Removal forum?

 

2   Please advise the make and model number of your computer, and the previous operating system, 32 or 64 bit, level of service pack and if all important Windows updates had  been installed.

 

3 Did you perform a "fresh install" of Win 10 or an upgrade?

 

4 Have you installed the updates to Win 10 that are available (Yes I know its only a day or two old… but it still needs updates to be done!)

 

Regards

paws

Thanks

 

It's the same computer and I did a fresh install.  I did figure out the itunes problem (link was for 32bit).  When I downloaded 64bit it works.  My new problem is… how do I get the battery and sound icon to show up in my system tray?  I went to notifications but the button is greyed out.

I tried using the bat file and the speakers show up but not the battery.  If I close explorer and reopen it I lose it again.

 

I have all notifications turned on.  Volume says on and power says on.  Turn system icons on or off volume now says on but battery says off and is greyed out.

Hi starwood,

its your call, of course on how you fix your computer, but I would normally recommend that folks concentrate on the main issue, get it fixed and only then move on to deal with subsequent issues.

 

Your primary focus needs to be on continuing with the help of Marius to clean up/disinfect your computer from the stuff that you inadvertantly downloaded. It will make his job that much harder if you make changes to your system that he is unaware of. The log files you have submitted to him are formiddible in  their length and it may take him some time to read them let alone analyse them and  reseach every line that needs it in the process.

 

if you want to proceed on your own and make system and other alterations, please let Marius know so that he can close your topic over in Virus and Spyware removal forum, and thereby free up his time so he can help other folks with their problems.

 

Thanks for your understanding, and be assured that we will all do our best to help you where we can.

Regards

paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI