This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Browser crashing in Firefox, Chrome and Windows Internet Explorer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guys

 

My PC is a Dell Inspiron 570 MT (D005709) running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1. It has an AMD Athlon II x 4 630 processor, 6Gb RAM and an Nvidia GeForce 310 512MB graphics card.

 

I’ve been running Chrome on it for the past year without any problems, but 3 days ago the browser started to crash for no apparent reason after a couple of minutes use. I removed and re-installed it, but the problem persisted.

 

I then tried Firefox, with the same effect. I get a regular error message from Mozilla, the details of which are:

 

Accessibility: Active

AdapterDeviceID: 0x0a66

AdapterDriverVersion: 9.18.13.2078

AdapterSubsysID: 00000000

AdapterVendorID: 0x10de

Add-ons: CaptureSaver%40goldgingko.com:4.0,LDSI_plashcor%40gmail.com:1.1.0.1-signed,tinyurl.addon%40fast-chat.co.uk:[removed]-signed,%7B2D3F3651-74B9-4795-BDEC-6DA2F431CB62%7D:2015.2.1.13,%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D:38.0.5,%7Bd10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d%7D:2.6.9.1-signed

AvailablePageFile: 9911435264

AvailablePhysicalMemory: 3699138560

AvailableVirtualMemory: 3413999616

BIOS_Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

BlockedDllList:

BreakpadReserveAddress: 53477376

BreakpadReserveSize: 67108864

BuildID: 20150525141253

CrashTime: 1434528971

EMCheckCompatibility: true

EventLoopNestingLevel: 1

FramePoisonBase: 00000000f0de0000

FramePoisonSize: 65536

InstallTime: 1434390358

Notes: AdapterVendorID: 0x10de, AdapterDeviceID: 0x0a66, AdapterSubsysID: 00000000, AdapterDriverVersion: 9.18.13.2078

D2D? D2D1.1? D2D1.1+ D2D+ DWrite? DWrite+ D3D11 Layers? D3D11 Layers+

ProductID: {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

ProductName: Firefox

ReleaseChannel: release

SecondsSinceLastCrash: 1096

StartupTime: 1434527888

SystemMemoryUsePercentage: 42

Theme: classic/1.0

Throttleable: 1

TotalPageFile: 12880875520

TotalPhysicalMemory: 6441377792

TotalVirtualMemory: 4294836224

URL: http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/diagnose/eula/progressbar/ODE/

User32BeforeBlocklist: 1

Vendor: Mozilla

Version: 38.0.5

Winsock_LSP: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IPv6] : 2 : 1 : 

 MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IPv6] : 2 : 2 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll

 MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IPv6] : 2 : 3 : 

 MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] : 2 : 1 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll

 MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] : 2 : 2 : 

 MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IP] : 2 : 3 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll

 RSVP TCPv6 Service Provider : 2 : 1 : 

 RSVP TCP Service Provider : 2 : 1 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll

 RSVP UDPv6 Service Provider : 2 : 2 : 

 RSVP UDP Service Provider : 2 : 2 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll

useragent_locale: en-GB

 

This report also contains technical information about the state of the application when it crashed.

 

 

I then tried Windows Internet Explorer, which again lasts just a few minutes before falling over. Windows error message states:

 

“Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer

    

A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage.

 

Windows Data Execution Prevention detected an add-on trying to use system memory incorrectly. This can be caused by a malfunction or a malicious add-on.”

 

The day before Chrome started falling over I installed several Windows updates, and also a Flash update, and I suspect this has caused the problem.

 

Most grateful for any assistance you guys can offer.

 

Many thanks in anticipation

 

Zlobber

I'd start by uninstalling Flash since it is used by all browsers. If all is well then download and install the latest version.

Thanks Ztruker. I did as you suggested and uninstalled Flash, and the re-booted my machine (which seemed to tke an eternity!)

 

I then tried Chrome again, sadly with the same result. I then tried Firefox, and went to one of my regular sites, which prompted me to download Flash, which I did. Sadly it too feel over shortly after, as did Windows Explorer.

 

So I guess it isn't Flash.

 

Any other suggestions?

 

zlobber

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI