This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to use Chrome or Firefox

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with Chrome & Firefox.

My issue started when Firefox became extremely laggy so I rebooted my PC, and it would not load at all, I then uninstall Firefox and installed Chrome. Chrome would not launch at all either. So I did a system restore to a few days before, now when I started Firefox it would crash and give me a error report with this in the details:

I have since then gone through troubleshooting from the PCPitstop Forums: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/top…ome-or-firefox/ here is a link to the topic. Since then I have able to get Firefox to load, but it freezes after loading and slows the whole computer down and it sometimes needs to be restarted to stop the lagging (Unable to close it) I am unable to uninstall firefox, as the uninstaller just doesn't load.

I am really quiet stumped to what it could be, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel.
Hi yoyocool2,
Welcome to WTT :thumbup:


Thanks to Ztrucker for these instructions:
—————————————————————

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here: PCPitstop Full Tests

You must use Internet Explorer as it needs to install an ActiveX program.

Note: Vista/Windows 7 users with UAC must first Right-click IE - Select "Run as Administrator"

If you haven't already registered, Click - Sign up now! (left hand column in User Login)

Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.

Once you have your Results, please post the URL (the http:// stuff) back here into this thread for review.

Note: Vista/Windows 7 users, please close your instance of IE "Running as Administrator" after you are finished reviewing your Results.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.

If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.

Since this site is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.
————————————————————–

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI