This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Repeting Windows Updates

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

 

My Windows 7 has started to install the same updates, every time I close down the computer.

My computer is clean, I've just been through the spyware/malware on this site.

 

Thank you

Jens

What does View Update History show you for them? Does it indicate they ever installed okay? If not, can you list the updates here please.

That's the funny thing - they say, that they are succesfully installed every time. And then WinUpdate installs them again the next time..

I can't find a place to select "Hide" - they come up in the start menu, on close. In Windows Update itself, they come up with a link..

OK - found it, and hid them. Now I can close down the computer normally without nonsense.

Thanks

 

Interesting to see, what will happen the next time, updates are available..

A bit too optimistic, I got them again.. The link to Windows forum doesn't immediately deal with the case when the updates seem to have
been installed succesfully. I have asked them, though.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI