I have no knowledge of mobile phones so can't help on the specific security question you ask.
However, it seems that a huge amount of electronic equipment, that folks use today,( routers laptops desktop computers etc etc) are made in China
it does seem that if folks want to avoid stuff made in China then they will be missing out on latest developments and cost benefits..
As always however its your choice, I have no problem with Lenovo laptops (formerly made by IBM) I have one myself and on taking a quick look at the stuff in my workshop most of it seems to have been made in China.
Quihoo was accused of faking rankings or something like that by 3 companies -maybe out of jealousy. They were supposedly banned from something and replied that they would continue their course.
Previously they had illegally used some companies information. I know I will catch heck as my facts are not exactly right but I am in the neighborhood.
I know that is all vague and maybe moot but it did catch my eye.
I know there are two types; Total and Total security, and I was not sure if either was considered good for the pc. I keep reading them over and they seem to be about the same -or not! I think I read where they were going to partner up with MS for Win 10.
I have since removed all a/v and cleaner type apps from my phone. It came with McAfee which I hate so I have disabled it . I cannot do what I would like and remove it.. I got the wrong phone as my investigation prior to getting it failed me. I have 15 not 32 Gb so with the bloat ware Verizon, Samsung and Google are packing in it is becoming a problem keeping apps I really like.
I should have gotten the Windows phone with a battery replacement feature and 32 GB's.
I have to use a work around with Docs to Go so I can simulate files and folders and save to sd card not the cloud. You have to save to device first then move to card. It has not updated to 5.0 and is still in KitKat. I do not think 5.1 will remedy anything. 5.1 is in Europe.
Anyway, to the point, 360 does read good and I was looking for someone who had used it in their pc. I am losing faith in articles about Defender but have had no issues to date due to SpywareBlaster, MBAM and a router . Widows firewall is good and 360 sounded like a pretty good program to complement it.
I think you worry to much about what you read about Defender.
I wouldn't allow anything by Qihoo on any system of mine.
I believe you have a pretty good handle on them. It was found that their program was "manipulated" specifically for the test so it scored high… but is actually very poor in the real world. I believe it was more than being accused by three companies. I think it was pretty well proved. You may be thinking of accusations on the stock market where I believe a couple of companies have questioned not only their business model but the way they report their finances.
They have been reverse engineering the MBAM definitions and using them as their own… just not doing a very good job of it.
For me the bottom line is… why would I trust my security to known liars and cheats? To me it's kind of like the people who go to the torrent sites and download pirated versions of anti-virus programs and then are shocked when they find they've been patched with trojans.