This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need to Reset Win8 Admin Password

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Person;…

My ex-landlord's wife passed away recently & took the passwords to her grave…
He brought me his HP computer to get the password for him…
I wouldn't do this for ANYONE else but him…
He was not only a GREAT landlord (79 years young) for 18 (Eighteen) years , but also is still my best friend…
I'm 74 , so it's almost like the blind leading the blind..
I have been all over the web looking for a FREE Win8 Password Recovery/Reset program that I can use to boot up the computer with a flash drive & reset his password…
There are many that claim to be free , but are not..
I spent 7+ hours  last Friday  , 10+ hours last Saturday , 11+ hours last Sunday & about 10+ hours yesterday downloading so-called free programs that claim to work on tons of Windows only to find they are garbage or will start to work & want money to finish the process…
So , I need your expert help once again…

Here's the deal;=>..
I am on dial-up…
Some of the files I downloaded were 110 MBs, 132 MBs & one was 158 MBs…
My download rate is about 15 MBs an hour…
You can do the math…
There is one highly rated program that is almost 600 MBs…
No way can I download that one…

The name of one of the files is;=>..ophcrack 3.6.0
There are some sub tables for WinXP & Vista that are optional & I don't need..
What I'm looking for is a fairly small FREE file/program (150 MBs or thereabouts) that I can put an ISO image on a 8 GB flash drive & boot up his computer & hopefully grant his wish….

THANK you VERRRRY MUCH for your anticipated help & reply…

SINCERELY…
Ron.M…

Ztruker;…


THANK YOU FOR ALL your past help…
GREAT to see you again…

Neither I nor my ex-landlord friend have a Windows 8 Install or Recovery Disc…

I do not have any friends that have a high speed internet connection…
I will talk to my ex-landlord tonite & see if he does…

Altho , I went to this site;..
How to Create or Download a Windows 8 and 8.1 ISO
And you need a "Product Key" for some if not all of the options…

They originally had Windows Vista & installed Windows 8 over it in a partition by itself..
(Vista is gone)…
So , I'm not sure that that any will work without a "Product Key"…

Have a GREAT evening….


THANKS again..

Later…Ron.M…  :-)
 

No key needed. You will not be installing anything, just using the Install disc to get to a Command Prompt where you can rename a file and copy another one.

 

Even if you did use it, the installer would use the product key embeded in BIOS.

 

If you can't find a way I can send you one. I think I still have your address somewhere. If not I'll get it from you again via PM.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI