This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Virus Removal, Pop up ads from Rapid Media [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

Seeking your help in removing this horrible virus from my sisters laptop.  These pop ads from Rapid Media have highjacked her PC.  I have downloaded the requested software for your use, First 64 and aswMBR.  I hope I have followed your directions properly, I am new to the site, but want to be within the guidelines out of respect. 

 

Thanks

Michael 

:welcome:

 

I need you to run those programs and post the logs so I can see whats going on.

 

In case you need the instructions again

 

 
[external image: 1QYkxTZ.jpg] Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
 
  • Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
  • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.
  •  
    I just want to see the report….Please Do Not Fix Anything
     
    ============================================================================
     
     
     
     
    Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
     
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
     
    How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
    A simple way to check your system: Start –> Computer (right click) –> Properties
     
    [external image: FRST_zps5d956a1a.jpg]
     
     
    • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Please make sure All Users is checked
    • Just keep the defaults as in the picture checkmarked
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please copy and paste log back here.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
    • Ask AI

      AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

      Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI