This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

update fails

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,
 
Error code 80073712 is one fo those tricky ones, 95% it is due to a corruption found within the COMPONENTS registry hive. The first step is to isolate where the corruption is appearing in the hive.

SFC /SCANNOWConvert CBS.log to CBS.txt
  • Right click on the đź–ĽClick to load external image (aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_39.) button
  • Click on Run => Inside the run box copy and paste the following command:
    cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"
  • Press Enter
  • Once this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt, please rename this file to CBS_{Insert forum username here}_{insert todays Date here}.txt For example "CBS_Go The Power_1803.txt"
  • Please upload CBS_{Username}_{Date}.txt to this thread.
Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

I wanted to report back for 2 reasons.

First to tell you that I used my macrium disc successfully. Regarding updates, I had been going to the control panel but this time I used change pc settings and all is working well.

 

Secondly, I wanted to thank you for you kind and prompt reply. I never got around to using the third one but am thankful there are people who are skilled enough to help and also giving of their time.

 

I am sorry to vacillate but I removed macrium and reinstalled a new version and it took a VSS which I verified. It has been a long road and I hope this is the end of it.

 

Thank you for your patience.

Ah, didn't realize you could not post in the forum unless you paid for it. Too bad as that causes them to miss a lot of problems that need fixing.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI