I found I had corrupted files via sfc. Recovered them with the os disc.as i did not know which they were. Came right after using Revo to rid the datasafe dell backup..
Mylaptop now won't run check disk so Iran it in command line prompt.
**I noticed it said , "F parameter not specified" and checkdisk was in read only mode !
Could this be why it won't run normally and if so how do i correct it?
thank you
I am stuck
I recovered all then ran error check which was ok. Previously, and the reason for my recovery was because it kept saying it is cancelled..
It once again says it is cancelled.
Please help me fix this error check malfunction without another recovery.
Peter
I do not see y or n
When I run disc check with my desktop it does begin to set up then says set up to cancel; it actually runs. It can be ticked to fix if I wish.
Now with the lap top, it begins to run at startup then says cancelled as though you would do if you clicked a key within 10 many seconds. I cannot uncancel it.
I then ran it in safe made and it did actually run as it should. When it does not run as it should, there is a brief moment wnere it mentions hardware and to insert the os disc which I do. I have checked memory and startup etc and find no issues.
Therefore, the question is, why does the laptop not run disc checking normally and requires safe mode to run like the desktop?
It acts as though I pressed,"Press any key within 10 seconds to cancel chkdsk or it will run."
I need to uncancel it.
Thanx for tuning in
Peter
Important notice to all Norton users. The problems I experienced with SFC, dskchk, and system restore were all Norton related. When I disabled the firewall, a/v and turned off silent mode, everything of a diagnostic nature worked. I reinstalled Norton and some worked, but erratically. Norton and Win 7 are having issues.
If you wish to use system restore, you have to disable Norton's tamper protection It is doing its job of preventing intrusion.
Thank you all for the help you have given me and i am glad to report a solution.
Peter