This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bad Image Desktop popup won't Go Away

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Again!
 
I'm back with another problem when I start my widnows I keep getting an error message on my desktop.
please see attachment below. And everytime it pops up, It will start with a different program exe– i.e.
aloupdares exe, Logitech. exe, etc & so on. And then sometimes after i hit the X to get rid of It, I get a popup
notification to download YOUTUBE Video Downloader which I KNOW for a fact has the 2 viruses I had. :(
What do i do to get rid of the bogus error message?
 
TYIA,
Marina22
 

Hi Marina22,

Glad to hear that the pop up you were concerned about has now gone.

 

If Malwarebytes has discovered and cleaned a number of items it would be wise to visit the Virus and Spyware removal forum, follow the directions over there and post the correct log, so that a  malware removal expert can take a look and help you make sure that your machine is clean. They will also be able to advise you on sensible steps you can take to help you keep clear of trouble in the future. 

 

Here's a link to the steps you may care  to consider taking:

 

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388

 

On the WTT site, malware removal advice is only provided over in the above linked forum and by accredited trained experts, so it would be wise to post there.

 

Regards

paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI