Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Bad Image Desktop popup won't Go Away

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marina22

Marina22

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hello Again!

I'm back with another problem when I start my widnows I keep getting an error message on my desktop.
please see attachment below. And everytime it pops up, It will start with a different program exe-- i.e.
aloupdares exe, Logitech. exe, etc & so on. And then sometimes after i hit the X to get rid of It, I get a popup
notification to download YOUTUBE Video Downloader which I KNOW for a fact has the 2 viruses I had. :(
What do i do to get rid of the bogus error message?

TYIA,
Marina22

Edited by Marina22, 02 February 2015 - 07:50 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Marina22

Marina22

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

Ok, I ran Malwarebytes & it found & deleted 142 Items. Pop up is gone.

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

Hi Marina22,

Glad to hear that the pop up you were concerned about has now gone.

If Malwarebytes has discovered and cleaned a number of items it would be wise to visit the Virus and Spyware removal forum, follow the directions over there and post the correct log, so that a  malware removal expert can take a look and help you make sure that your machine is clean. They will also be able to advise you on sensible steps you can take to help you keep clear of trouble in the future. 

Here's a link to the steps you may care  to consider taking:

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388

On the WTT site, malware removal advice is only provided over in the above linked forum and by accredited trained experts, so it would be wise to post there.

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

SuperMember

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hello Marina22, 

Is this the same machine you recently reinstalled Windows on? 

http://forums.whatth...c=129221&page=2

50QfLth.png

Would you like to help others with malware removal? Join our Classroom and learn how!

#5 Marina22

Marina22

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

Yes, the very same. Thank you also, Forum Admin, for the directions.