I recently started getting strange pop-ups every time I try to go to any website. Today, it was acting really slow and I hate to shut it down several times. When I turned it back on, the desktop was set with a wallpaper that said my computer was infected and etc. There would also be a red circle with a white "X" in the middle down in the icons on the taskbar. And it would once in a while pop up saying I needed to download some type of removal tool for the TrojanSPM/LX.
I'm new to this so I'm not sure what to do. @.@
see if there are any processes lited from the list below: If there are > end process (do not reboot) > that should be enough to get the OTL program downloaded:
As it ran, a pop-up kept coming up saying WARNING Application cannot be executed. The file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software.
Otherwise than that here's the log
exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20091220
Run at 21:08:26 on 01/26/10
Now searching…
Checking for numerical processes…
Checking for sysguard processes…
Checking for bad processes…
Checking for bad files…
Deleting file C:\WINDOWS\system32\41.exe
Error deleting C:\WINDOWS\system32\41.exe - Set for removal on reboot - PLEASE REBOOT
Checking for bad registry entries…
Resetting filetype association for .exe
Resetting filetype association for .com
Resetting userinit and shell values…
Resetting policies…
–Finished–
As for OTL, I couldn't get to the homepage of the website itself.