This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Advance Elite malware

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi everybody I'm Steve.

 

I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion laptop running Windows8 but unfortunately have picked up some intensely annoying Ad popup malware called Advance Elite. It throws up so many ads on both Explorer and Firefox as to make them virtually unusable.

 

I have installed Norton onto the laptop but this does not disable or remove the corrupt software.

 

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received….

 

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear of your current issue, Steve - but welcome to WTT.

The Advanced Elite Adware is annoying, but not that hard to eradicate. For help, please read the topic Are you Infected? Need Help?.  This will guide you as to how to start a topic in the Malware removal forum and post the initial diagnostic logs.