schlij
Topic Starter
Hi,
I recently had a fairly large spyware breakout after downloading some suspicious DVD ripping programs and foolishly installing them. I think I have pretty much everything cleaned up, but there are still a few lingering things. The first is the oddest, I get popups in Firefox (1.5.0.6) occasionally that I know are not coming from the site I am at. Second, Norton occasionally finds a new Trojan (pakes), and if I do a scan with ewido (I have done 2 full scans in safemode) it finds the Trojan and cleans it. However, Norton and ewido seem unable to really get rid of the popups that come in Firefox. The Trojans usually show up in my temp folders (either in Documents and Settings, or Windows/Temp)
The first, more major infection started with the toolbar888 in IE7, and would really take over that browser whenever I used it. I managed to fix it with a combo of things, ewido, hijackthis, SmitfraudFix, and VundoFix. Now, Vundo, Smitfraud and hijackthis look clean to me, but I am still having these small problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my HJT log, as well as the log from my latest safemode scan in ewido.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:56:51 PM, on 9/2/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5450.0004)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctalogd.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\LogWatNT.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\stuff\spyware craps\HJT19931.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy.verizon.com:80
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = verizon.com;
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Software Installer - {D1A4DEBD-C2EE-449f-B9FB-E8409F9A0BC5} - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\PkgMgr.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O11 - Options group: [JAVA_IBM] Java (IBM)
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {37775067-8350-11D4-A7DA-00C04F14FB69} (PVCS Tracker I-Net Client for MSIE) - http://cmps04.verizon.com/trackdoc/trkpm660ie.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (CwlscInstall Object) - https://scan.safety.live.com/resource/downl…lscbase2213.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1120252666180
O16 - DPF: {74FFE28D-2378-11D5-990C-006094235084} (IBM Access Support) - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/IbmEgath.cab
O16 - DPF: {CCF028C4-4631-11D3-90BD-00A0C9B727E1} (PVCS VM I-NET Client for MSIE) - http://smg1:11000/vminet_images/vmi660ie.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OdysseyClient - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tpfnf2 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\notifyf2.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tphotkey - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tphklock.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Trust Agent (ctad) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctad.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Trust Agent Event Logging Service (ctalogd) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctalogd.exe
O23 - Service: DB2 JDBC Applet Server (DB2JDS) - International Business Machines Corporation - C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\db2jds.exe
O23 - Service: DB2 Security Server (DB2NTSECSERVER) - International Business Machines Corporation - C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\db2sec.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Contivity VPN Service (ExtranetAccess) - Nortel Networks NA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Nortel Networks\Extranet_serv.exe
O23 - Service: IBM Rapid Restore Ultra Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkPad PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Event Log Watch (LogWatch) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\LogWatNT.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkPad HDD APS Logging Service (TPHDEXLGSVC) - Lenovo. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
———————————————————
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
———————————————————
+ Created at: 12:36:27 PM 9/2/2006
+ Scan result:
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\win61.tmp.exe -> Trojan.Pakes : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
::Report end
Thanks!
I recently had a fairly large spyware breakout after downloading some suspicious DVD ripping programs and foolishly installing them. I think I have pretty much everything cleaned up, but there are still a few lingering things. The first is the oddest, I get popups in Firefox (1.5.0.6) occasionally that I know are not coming from the site I am at. Second, Norton occasionally finds a new Trojan (pakes), and if I do a scan with ewido (I have done 2 full scans in safemode) it finds the Trojan and cleans it. However, Norton and ewido seem unable to really get rid of the popups that come in Firefox. The Trojans usually show up in my temp folders (either in Documents and Settings, or Windows/Temp)
The first, more major infection started with the toolbar888 in IE7, and would really take over that browser whenever I used it. I managed to fix it with a combo of things, ewido, hijackthis, SmitfraudFix, and VundoFix. Now, Vundo, Smitfraud and hijackthis look clean to me, but I am still having these small problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my HJT log, as well as the log from my latest safemode scan in ewido.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:56:51 PM, on 9/2/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5450.0004)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctalogd.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\LogWatNT.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Desktop\stuff\spyware craps\HJT19931.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy.verizon.com:80
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = verizon.com;
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Software Installer - {D1A4DEBD-C2EE-449f-B9FB-E8409F9A0BC5} - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\PkgMgr.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O11 - Options group: [JAVA_IBM] Java (IBM)
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {37775067-8350-11D4-A7DA-00C04F14FB69} (PVCS Tracker I-Net Client for MSIE) - http://cmps04.verizon.com/trackdoc/trkpm660ie.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (CwlscInstall Object) - https://scan.safety.live.com/resource/downl…lscbase2213.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1120252666180
O16 - DPF: {74FFE28D-2378-11D5-990C-006094235084} (IBM Access Support) - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/IbmEgath.cab
O16 - DPF: {CCF028C4-4631-11D3-90BD-00A0C9B727E1} (PVCS VM I-NET Client for MSIE) - http://smg1:11000/vminet_images/vmi660ie.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OdysseyClient - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tpfnf2 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\notifyf2.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tphotkey - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tphklock.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Trust Agent (ctad) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctad.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Trust Agent Event Logging Service (ctalogd) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoTrustAgent\ctalogd.exe
O23 - Service: DB2 JDBC Applet Server (DB2JDS) - International Business Machines Corporation - C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\db2jds.exe
O23 - Service: DB2 Security Server (DB2NTSECSERVER) - International Business Machines Corporation - C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\db2sec.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Contivity VPN Service (ExtranetAccess) - Nortel Networks NA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Nortel Networks\Extranet_serv.exe
O23 - Service: IBM Rapid Restore Ultra Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkPad PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Event Log Watch (LogWatch) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\LogWatNT.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkPad HDD APS Logging Service (TPHDEXLGSVC) - Lenovo. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
———————————————————
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
———————————————————
+ Created at: 12:36:27 PM 9/2/2006
+ Scan result:
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\win61.tmp.exe -> Trojan.Pakes : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
::Report end
Thanks!