I want access to the files badly. I am under pressure to get these files - as I have a lot of work not saved elsewhere, including some tenders I am submitting and working on to try to win work. Yes, I will do regular back-ups from now on…
Is it safe for me to download the few 'untouched files' onto memory stick and use in another computer - or will virus carry over to that computer?
I can upload encrypted files. What is best file to upload (small/large?).
Can you please help.
I have been trying to upload a picture of the virus as it presents on my computer which asks for money (I did a screen shot onto a word doc), but I'm not allowed to upload this on this website. Sorry, I am not sure why.
Hello Ash43, welcome to WhatTheTech's Malware Removal forum!
My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.
Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Please ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
Please do not post logs using the CODE, QUOTE or ATTACHMENT format. Logs should be posted directly in plain text. If you receive an error whilst posting, please break the log in half and use multiple posts.
Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation and providing the best set of instructions for you.
Please backup important files before proceeding with my instructions. Malware removal can be unpredictable.
If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before proceeding.
Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
Ensure you are following this topic. Click [external image: etYzdbu.png] at the top of the page.
Depending on the ransomware present, recovery of your files without paying the ransom may not be possible I'm afraid.
Please run the following scan so I can ascertain the state of your machine, and determine the ransomware present. STEP 1 [external image: xlK5Hdb.png]Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) andsave the file to your Desktop.
Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select [external image: AVOiBNU.jpg]Run as administrator to run the programme.
Click Yes to the disclaimer.
Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.
STEP 2 [external image: pfNZP4A.png]Logs In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.