I have just recently noticed a slow down in performance when streaming videos and some game play. Checked Task Manager and saw numerous (more than 15) instances of dllhost.exe *32 Com surrogate being active. Cpu usage was fluctuating to 85 percent. Killing the process tree resulted in the process returning. File location was in Syswow64.
I have run MBAM and ADWCLEANER also SFC file checker. No infections or files missing were the results. The number of instances are reduced by not gone. (5 to 6)
I have also downloaded the ASWMBR and FRST and am ready to run and post Scan logs. I assume you will get all of the computer specs you need from the scan logs. I am running a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 home premium.
I have a question, on the ASWMBR do you want a quick scan or the full drive scan posted?
My name isOCD. I would be more than happy to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Copy and Paste logs directly into the reply window. DO NOT attach the logs unless specifically instructed to do so.
IMPORTANT NOTE :Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your Operating System and losing all your programs and data.
Please stay with this topic until I let you know that your system appears to be "All Clear"
Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
Click Scan
Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.
=========================
[external image: bullseye_zpse9eaf36e.gif] Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save to your desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Right click and select "Run as Administrator" to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply
Kaz is experiencing difficulty in replying to his topic here (keeps getting a message " you do not have permission to reply to this topic")
I'm not sure what's going on, but he's one of the good guys, so I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done…. in the meantime please keep his topic open and pm me if you have any ideas..