Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

deleting firefox issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

Recently when I try to connect to the internet via firefox nothing happens, it just doesnt connect, this I think started after an update download. Anyhow my plan was to delete firefox and then reinstall. (currently using IE)

When I try to delete from control panel (winxp) nothing happens and it doesnt delete.  Same when using ccleaner.

So what is the best way to take firefox off the laptop before I try a fresh download.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

Start Firefox. CLick on Help then Restart with Add-ons disabled.

See what happens then. If still no good,

Boot to Safe Mode by pressinf F8 during boot as soon as the manufacturers logo appears. Keep tapping F8 every second or so until the Advanced Boot Options Menu appears. Select Safe Mode.

Login as Administrator, not with your usual accoun t name.

See if you can uninstall FIrefox from there.

If that doesn't work, boot normally, then download and install Revo Unnstaller Freeware.

Use it to uninstall Firefox.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Thanks I will try those options and report back what happens.

thanks

#4 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

I went through the list and had to use revo uninstaller to get firefox deleted, it has however thrown up another issue in that I cant access safe mode, I get an error message.

I will run some logs and post in the appropriate section as I think there maybe other issues involved.

thanks for your guidance.

Scudo