This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows phone 8.1

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I would like the A.T.T. Nokia 820 with 8.1 preinstalled or upgradable.

I called them and they said to get the phone which is labled ATT from Amazon or wherever then bring it to ATT. There they will unlock, activate etc.

I would have paid ahead for the device so get a $25 credit per month plus the $25 for the plan -1 GB data, unlimited talk and text and taxes = $60 month.

I almost made the mistake of getting the Icon I really wanted but it is sealed and i want to be able to replae the battery.

This and the Samsung ATIV S by ATT were not sealed but I cannot find where the Samsung is upgradable or preinstalled with 8.1. I do not want just 8.

I have done exhaustive research but before I make an error like not getting 8.1, not being able to consummate this as stated could someone in the know please advise me further?

Thank you

Peter

Microsoft has repeatedly said that all carrier branded Windows 8 phones will be updated to 8.1 - eventually. The actual update availability is up to the carriers. It appears that carriers in the USA are slower with the updates than other parts of the world.

Thanks for that. At least we are not in the lab.

I am stumbling as I thought I could buy one of these phones with batteries that could be replaced but whether EBay or Amazon never mind carrier stores I cannot buy one that is new, unlocked and GSM which is an ATT requirement.

It seems there is a process I am learning and just have to get in line.

I wanted to buy the phone then the plan but not so ez.

If I am going to do this I will have to just get a contract for 2 years which includes the phone and when the thrill of the old one wears off, start all over.

 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI