Hello, I built my own computer and have been using it for about a year. And every once and a while it would come up with "unable to connect to the proxy server". Now it is happening and I can't fix it. I am unable to use anything that has to do with the internet on the computer. Just for reference I know the internet is working fine because I am using it now on the ipad. I have tried the normal fix the un select unselect use a proxy in network settings. I have tried everything I can to fix this but it won't seem to go away.
Thanks, Sean
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.
Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
please follow all instructions in the order posted
please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
[external image: thisisujrt.gif] Please download Junkware Removal Toolto your desktop.
shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
the tool will open and start scanning your system
please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
on completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.