This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Proxy server [Solved]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can't access google chrome, Internet explore, ect. Every time I try to go on google it says "unable to connect to proxy server" and shows me directions on how to turn off the proxy, but whenever i try to turn it off it turns back on. (Note: this is in internet properties>connections>LAN setting.

**In any case where you happen to be busy or unable to give us a reply, we would be grateful if you keep us informed in advance and we will be more than happy to wait. Failure to do so we will have your thread closed in THREE(3) days.

:)


Hello there, Rufless

:welcome:

I'm Conspire, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Please observe these rules while we work:
  • Read the entire procedure
  • It is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Stick with me till you're given the all clear.
  • Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
  • Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to. Remember to backup all your important data(if possible) before moving on.
Ok, I downloaded this program that got rid of of the virus that wouldn't allow me to turn the proxy server off. It's called combofix and I suggest you download it for anyone who has the same problem. Also conspire thanks for the help anyways, I appreciate it.
I understand the frustrations you might have. Bear in mind that my reply times would be slow as our time zones are different. However, it is imperative that you do not do or download anything without guidance as it might make things worse.

We do not encourage users to use ComboFix without supervision.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI