This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Proxy Server Box I.E Problem [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Basically, last night I had downloaded something "dodgey", and uninstalled it straight away. The minute I opened it I could tell something wasn't right about it. Ever since, I haven't been able to play my favorite game "Intruder". The fix would be to change the settings on Internet Explorer to automatically detect proxy settings, I know because when I changed it I was able to play the game. However, when I close the internet options menu on Internet Explorer, the proxy settings get put back onto something else. I have a feeling that whatever it was that I had downloaded, has left something on my computer.

Hello KyleSwan, welcome to WhatTheTech's Malware Removal forum!
 
My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.  :)
 
======================================================
 
Important: I have laid out some "ground rules" I would very much appreciate you follow. Please read through the points below, to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.

  • Please read through my instructions thoroughly, and ensure you carry out each step in the order specified.
  • Please do not post logs using the CODE, QUOTE or ATTACHMENT format. Logs should be posted directly in plain text. If you receive an error whilst posting, please break the log in half and use multiple posts.
  • Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation & providing the best set of instructions for you.
  • Ensure you are subscribed to this topic to receive instant email notifications of my responses.
    • ​Scroll to the top of this page and ensure you see the following: [external image: 6hgDYJ6.png]
    • If you are not set to follow this topic, click the Follow this topic button and follow the prompts.
  • Please attempt to backup important documents before proceeding with my instructions.
  • If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before you run anything.
  • Topics are locked if no response is made after 5 days. Please inform me if you will require additional time to complete my instructions.

======================================================
 
Please be advised that I am currently in training. My responses will need to be approved by one of our experts before I post them. This is only to ensure you are receiving accurate instructions. I will return as soon as possible.

Hello KyleSwan, 
 
Which software did you install and promptly uninstall? Where did you install it from (no URLs please)? Please run the following diagnostic scans so we can get a closer look at your system.
 
STEP 1
[external image: xlK5Hdb.png] Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan

  • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) and save the file to your desktop.
  • Note: Run the version compatible with your system. Run both if you do not know your system's bit-type. One will run.  
  • Windows XP: Double-click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe to run the programme.
    Windows 8/7/Vista: Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select [external image: AVOiBNU.jpg] Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
  • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
  • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. 
     

STEP 2
[external image: YARWD1t.png] TDSSKiller Scan

  • Please download TDSSKiller and save the file to your desktop.
  • Windows XP: Double-click TDSSKiller.exe to run the programme.
    Windows 8/7/Vista: Right-Click TDSSKiller.exe and select [external image: AVOiBNU.jpg] Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Click Change parameters. Place a checkmark next to:
    • Loaded Modules
    • Detect TDLFS file system
  • Note: If you receive the following message: Extended Monitoring Driver is required, click Reboot now, and continue from here following the reboot.
  • ​Click Start Scan.
  • Note: Do not use the computer during the scan.
  • If objects are found, change the action to skip.
  • Click Continue and close the window.
  • A log will be created and saved to the root directory (usually C:\). Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
     

======================================================
 
STEP 3
[external image: pfNZP4A.png] Logs
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.

  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
  • TDSSKiller log

Hello, 
 
I have not heard back from you in 3 days.

  • Do you still require help?
  • If you require additional time to complete my instructions, please let me know.
  • If after 48 hours you have not replied to this thread it will have to be closed. 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI