This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE 11 Issue when loading home page

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

 

Ok I not running the 64 bit IE, I am Running 32 bit version so were all on the same page. I wanted to use my 63 bit version of IE but I cannot find it or how to even load it, only IE version I see is the 32 bit version, I remember when I install Win 63 I saw the 2 IE icons but now the only ones I have is the 32 bit version.

 

So later on Today I look into those possible fixes and see what takes place. Thanks

 

 

Um, that quote in your last post is not me. I guess it was just an accident.

 

To setup IE x64 Jimbo you must use the W7 default IE which IE 32bit version even with W7 x64 OS.

Note what updates are required to install a "working properly" IE11 32bit. It might solve your current IE issues.

You can also download the IEx64 package from this page:

 

Prerequisite updates for Internet Explorer 11

 

 

I am going to wait and see what happens. I went ahead and re-setted IE 11 after reading over the last info you found. Just wanted to be sure of a possible fluke or not. Cleaned up all junk related files, cookies, history's you name ran ccleaners and all. My default home page for IE again is MSN.com. Like I said when it was loading that weird error if you call it that poped up, but I was able to type another address and it went right away.

 

So for now my IR 11 is loading on each attempt without that message, now only one I was getting is a script error when coming here to this site. But going to test it more and if I still have issue well I am going to go with 64 bit version. But I think you told me I may be in for a world of hurt if I do was this based on info when the 64 bit version first came out or current reports ??

 

Will keep you posted of results.

 

Jimbo

So for now my IR 11 is loading on each attempt without that message, now only one I was getting is a script error when coming here to this site. But going to test it more and if I still have issue well I am going to go with 64 bit version. But I think you told me I may be in for a world of hurt if I do was this based on info when the 64 bit version first came out or current reports ??

 

Will keep you posted of results.

 

Jimbo

 

*note

When you quote in this new forum Jimbo, hit the enter key after the quote to move your type down one line, so that your own post is outside the quote box, otherwise your post just becomes one big quote :blush:

 

As far as trouble with IE11 x64 goes, well I tried out Pale Moon x64 very recently and didn't run into the media site and add-on problems I did when I first tried it out about 8mths ago. But as far as speed goes, I didn't notice much difference to the 32bit version.

 

It was not nearly as fast as the new SeaMonkey 32bit browser but I'm sure that will all change though, as 64bit is the way of the future as more and more software and add-ons are being released for 64bit. For the time being though, I'll leave the SeaMonkey as 32bit.

 

For IE 11 x64  problems in 2014, well if you google problems with IE11 64bit+2014 you will get about 194,000 results. So make up your own mind on that one. Personally, I just don't like IE of any flavor, but there are plenty of fanboys out there.

 

I note from your attached notepad early in this thread, you are using W7 Ultimate ($?). Have you done all the Microsoft updates for that? Could be a source of problems if you haven't, is not a genuine version or a copy or something.

 

PS edit:

IE 11x64 can be obtained as a standalone installer from Microsoft here. Just choose the English and W7x64 version. To enable IE 11 in 64 bit mode, read here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI