Some time ago I started to notice that my IE was starting very slow when starting up. It was taking minutes just to load my homepage, which is rr.com. While it was loading the IE window would not respond and I was unable to do anything with it untill the page was fully loaded. Other than this my IE runs great and I am not experiencing any slowness with streaming media or downloading things. I thought it might be malware so I had the malware experts take a look at it. It turns out I was infected and they helped me remove the infections, but the slow loading of the homepage remained. That topic can be read here http://forums.whatthetech.com/Unknown_problem_t101061.html. They recommended that I come to this forum for help. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Goto your Start / Accessories / System Tools, there should be a shortcut there called Internet Explorer (No Addons)
See if that loads your home page and faster. If it does, then you can use Tools / Manage Add-ons to disable them one (or a few) at a time and see which one is causing the problem.
You could also reset IE7 to installation defaults, then set up your home page and see what that does for you.
That helped quite a bit. It now loads much faster than it did. Although I am still experiencing a little bit of slowness still. It went from taking minutes to load the page to around 25-30 seconds, which seems slow to me becuase I have yet to come across any other webpage that loads that slow.
Naks, try changing your home page to http://www.google.com and see how long it takes to start. If it still takes a long time then there is something slowing down IE when it first launches and is not related to what your home page is.
When I changed my homepage to google, it started up instantly. The page loaded very fast with no noticeable slowness. The only add on still active is a shockwave add on.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI