This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

BSOD

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello all! I have been here before but can't get into an old account of mine so I made a new one… You guys have been very helpful before. I am Nman btw

 

I have a newer pc and recently it's been giving me random restarts when I am not around. When it does this it gives me a crash report saying it recovered from a Blue Screen.

 

Before I post any data on it, here are the pc specs

 

HP

 

Windows 7 64 bit

 

4 Gigs Ram

 

I use comodo ice dragon for web surfing.

 

 

This is what I get after a crash. I have scanned my pc with windows security but it found nothing. Though I know it misses things. I don't know if that is malware related or hardware, and I don't know where to begin…. so I will leave it in your capable hands! Thanks for your help as always!

 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    d1
  BCP1:    0000000000000011
  BCP2:    0000000000000002
  BCP3:    0000000000000000
  BCP4:    FFFFF8800409FC24
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\051014-15896-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Nathaniel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-266480-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
 

Comodo ice dragon uses the firefox engine but has it's own DNS servers and does a lot of filtering.

I've read of BSOD with Comodo ice dragon when using utube and with some firefox add-ons.

 

Try and rule out the browser as a problem first by seeing if you get a BSOD with IE.

If you the browser is not the issue, we can take it from there.

Comodo ice dragon uses the firefox engine but has it's own DNS servers and does a lot of filtering.

I've read of BSOD with Comodo ice dragon when using utube and with some firefox add-ons.

 

Try and rule out the browser as a problem first by seeing if you get a BSOD with IE.

If you the browser is not the issue, we can take it from there.

It's interesting you mention that. It only crashes when it's left with Ice Dragon on for a while… I will switch browsers and see if that makes a difference. It only crashes after a long time, so that may be it.

update, it was a bad plugin on Ice Dragon that added some hardcore adware to the browser. It's gone now and no crashes, running non stop for three days (I was in the hospital and couldn't monitor it) and it didn't shut down once. Thanks for the heads up!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI