This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Many problems with this laptop.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My laptop, an Asus G750J running Windows 8.1 purchased during the last week of August 2013, has been experiencing a few problems lately.

 

1. My anti-virus scanner (Total Defense Security Center) isn't scanning. Whenever I try to perform a scan, I get an error, and the scan stops. I've run Malwarebytes to see if it would help, and it didn't.

 

2. Several programs are not updating properly; NVidia Experience (not even sure I need this), and the "Critical Asus Updater." Both updaters, when run, download the update, and then close without installing.

 

3. The laptop is markedly slower to start-up on battery power alone than when it is plugged in, even when the "high performance" power setting is selected. On batter power alone, a restart, or two is often necessary to use the laptop without annoying lag and unresponsiveness on the taskbar or start menu.

Thinking this problem was virus related, I posted a similar thread in the VIrus and Malware section:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=127986#entry846046.

I've come here, because apparently my problems are not virus/malware or software related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

I would remove all programs related to:

 

1. because W8 has an excellent inbuilt ant-virus program

2. because both programs mentioned are bloatware

 

Give the PC a good file cleanup and defrag. after removing the bloat and see how things run.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI