This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can I have the same installation of windows 7 on a desktop and a lapto

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

 

I have Windows 7 already on my desktop.  I also have a laptop which has windows xp on it.  Can I have the same installation of windows 7 on both my desktop and laptop eg: via networking using homegroup?  If so, how exactly does it work?  No too savvy on networking, I'm afraid.

 

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.

hedley.

Hi Hedley, If you want to install Win 7 on your laptop then you will need to have a Win 7 licence and the DVD for it separate to that for your desktop computer.

 

You can buy them on well known auction houses on line for around GBP £50 or so…

However before committing yourself it would be wise to run Microsoft's special tool to see if your Win XP laptop can handle Win 7

Here's the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=20

Regards

paws

Hi Paws
Thanks for the quick reply. I've already run that tool and the laptop can take windows 7. Where can I find these auction houses you refer to, please?

Thanks for the help.
hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI