This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

cpu usage 99% with svchost.exe in Task Manager [Solved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Running Win XP on laptop.  Runs so slow, I'm having to communicate with WTT via desktop–hopefully can use thumbdrive to transfer needed info to/from laptop.  Task manager runs 99-100% and makes all else so slow, I cannot use it for much.  No other ap's are running.  Using Firefox for web-browser.  Need help, please.

 

I disabled Automatic updates and problem disappeared; so I no longer need help at this time.

s5

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI