Hi again, my computer is running Windows XP SP 3 and as you know there is a "program" (Generic Host Process for services that run DLLs) named svchost and it is "Multiple Times Instances" so you may "see it" more that one time in your services list using Windows Task Manager (Shift/Ctrl/Del) and ordering by Imagen Name, then you will see each one of the services "using" svchost. Or you may go to the comand line (start>Run>Cmd) and type "tasklist /SVC".
Well, one of these services is svchost NETWORK SERVICES and it is taking 99% of the CPU when I am trying to start the internet explorer or everytime I am trying to "surf" from one page into another and the page is reached until the svchost release this 99% of the CPU. So now it takes forever to surf into the net, not only because the speed of my broadband but for this svchost.
Any idea about what is happening?
THANKS.
Fernando
If your PC works fine until you start Internet explorer try to boot into Safe Mode with networking (not load third-party services).
Surf
If Safe mode works, the problem may be caused by a third-party service that is loading.
also use CCleaner and clean Internet Explorer temporary files, history, cookies, autocomplete form history, index.dat ,… and computer.
also try to run IE 7 or 8 without addon/extensions:
go to Start/ Run
type iexplore -extoff
press Enter
If you want to be able to use addons again, you’ll have to close Internet Explorer and then start it again.
Thanks a lot,
Just to let you know "arTech" the instruction and or suggestions you told me I think they are working. I have not the CCleaner you are telling me, but, I clear it manually: The Temporary Internet Files; the History; the Form Data and the Passwords, and now I think is not showing the svchsot using the 99% each time I was changing the page when surfing.
The first think I did was to start the system "in safe mode with Networking" and then I clear all the internet options I had (except the cookies because there are some from banks and there are not "ease" to get them again).
Once again, THANK YOU.
I am glad you have progress.
Once again about CCleaner. This is my favorite tool for PC cleaning. It is important to clean many others needlessly files from PC from time to time (not only cleaning internet browsers). This "garbage" can slowdown your processor, specially if you have small and old hard disk. CCleaner is good to fix it. CCleaner have nice option to save your favorite cookies, and delete rest. Some cookies can be dangerous as a spyware base.
If you have some issues you are welcome.
arTech