This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Reset wireless adapter

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

As of late, I keep losing my network connection.  It says "reset wireless adapter".  This happens several times a day.  I don't know if it started after I downloaded windows 8.1 or not.

I called my network provider, but they said it had something to do with my computer and not the network.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Either I didn't understand it or it didin't work.  

Also, I didn't know how to update the adapter.  Would this need to be updated because I got windows 8.1?  I keep having to reset the network adapter.  Can you help me through this?  Thanks.

ok found 2 drivers.

 

1:-  Realtek Semiconductor Corporation http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=3574909

Posted Date: 2013-10-17 | Version: 2012.1.0712.2013_Logo | Size: 68.54M

2:- Atheros http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=3574909

Posted Date: 2013-10-17 | Version: 10.0.0.263 | Size: 37.45M

 

not 100% sure which is the correct one for you, i think it might be the atheros driver but you might have to try them both.

 

to update the driver you need to open device manager then select network adaptors and open your wireless adaptor and go to the driver tab and click update driver.

 

:popcorn:

 

mmm links don't take you to each individual driver like i thought they would, just the complete list of drivers for your Satellite P875-S7102 but you should see both wireless lan drivers listed there 3rd and 4th drivers down in the list, just click on them to get to the download page.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI