This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

disc cleanup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Is it a good idea to check off 'device drivers' and also 'Windows Upgrade Log Files' in "disc cleanup". Each has a couple a hundred MB's. Thank you
Since it takes 1000 megabytes to make 1Gb, they are not hurting anything by being there and nothing significant is gained by deleting them. So is it a good idea - not really. It is not a bad ideal (although you won't be able to "roll back" drivers but if all is working, that is no big deal either. If freeing up a couple 100Mb matters in terms of available free disk space, you need a bigger drive.
Hello The most important part to me is when you said ,"Roll back drivers". I did not understand what that was for. I will not be deleting as space is not an issue and I am glad I asked before acting. Thank you Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI