This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Sound problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I can't hear youtube on my computer today. I could yesterday. I can hear music on my Windows Media Player. I have Windows 7 laptop. What could the problem possibly be?
I did everything the clip told me to do, didn't work. Then I tried Chrome and could hear youtube, Netflix movies, etc. What could be wrong with IE?
\\oh, one add'l item. I used Malwarebytes and CC cleaner then restarted. There was a message after restart: "There was a problem starting C:\*****\AppData\Roaming\mshupl.dll. The specified module could not be found." Could that be affecting IE in any way? Any idea how to fix that problem?
Try running IE without Add-ons. If that works, use Tools / Manage Add-ons to disable them all or until you find the one causing the problem.

Open the Run box (Window key + R), type iexplore -extoff and press Enter.

I have disabled all the add on's.  The sound does not work on Internet Explorer.  it does work on chrome and Mozilla.  Another thing on IE is that I'm asked to install the latest version of Flash Player even though I already have it installed.  This happens quite often.  

I did that and it didn't change things.  Still can't hear anything on IE.  Do you think this could have anything to do with the message I get on startup about the missing file?

from my understanding mshupl.dll is malware file so no it shouldn't be there but maybe whatever malware you had in the first place that put it there or whatever anti malware program you used to remove it may have caused your sound problems now with ie.

 

sorry not experienced enough with windows to offer a fix of your problem but i'd think you'd probably need to fix the registry to stop the warning about the missing mshupl.dll file and maybe do a complete re-install of ie to fix your sound problems.

 

:popcorn:

 

sorry seems i was mistaken thinking mshupl.dll was a malware file, don't know why i thought that but this link should help you solve the error :- http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/mshtml-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI