This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

No sound in internet explorer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, My computer out of nowhere has lost sound when I am in internet explorer. My speakers are plugged in fine, I can hear through them upon startup, and they play fine if I am playing something over Windows Media player or itunes. However, if I try playing a streaming video/music online through say youtube, I get no sound whatsoever. Also, the video will stream for around three or four seconds, and then just stop. This happens to any video I try to watch. Other than that, my computer is running fine. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI