This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

server 03 Install disc(s) needed

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi There WTT. Does anyone know where i can download an ISO for Windows Server 2003 for free? I only want server 2003 as that is the product key i have and not 2008 I already have a product key from my old server but i've lost the disks and don't want to pay for new disks, just to download and burn my own. Thanks in advance Duey
Microsoft does not distribute Operating Systems via download over the internet. However, since you have a valid license for the OS you want, MS is likely to send you the installation CD set at a reduced reasonable price. Alternatively, it is "possible" to use a borrowed valid installation CD of the same version and type and use your own licensed product ID. For instance 2003 - OEM or Update or Retail. "If" you hunt around on the internet to find a torrent or RAR download, you will not be receiving Windows Server 2003 ISO the way that MS licenses it to be distributed, AND it is very likely that you could download a corrupt or infected piece of software with it. *** Please do not ask for or post information that is protected by copyright, nor links to sites or downloads that could be used to circumvent legal and copyright protection. Please note that in this post, I have "asked" for your cooperation in this type of matter. I will not "ask" again. Doug
Thanks Doug. Please Note: I was not asking for the download to circumvent legal and copyright protection. I was asking purely and simply because I had lost my disks and wondered if there was a free download for them. You have informed me that there isn't so I thank you for your response Duey N.B. This topic can now be closed
Duey, I understand your point and purpose. It sure would be convenient to be able to legitimately access via easy download, any operating system software to which one already owns a license. For Microsoft, I imagine that such a practice would open a huge new set of headaches related to validation of the hundreds of millions of existing legitimate copies, and piracy or others. It is reasonable that they would not want that condition. And since it is their product, they get to distribute it however they decide, much like book publishers who select between Hard Bound, Soft Bound, audio tape, dvd, downloadable, etc. Thank you for your understanding.
Just to throw in my two cents. :) Microsoft actually does provide downloadable .ISO's of their products to various "special" members of the community or certain types of customers. Certain examples would be volume license programs, educational programs, technet programs, etc. Unfortunately, those are only available through certain channels and they are usually not the "type" of disc (OEM/Retail/Upgrade) that you would need to install with your original product key.
in that case then, why not rename the thread to "lets have some fun" or something along those lines!

When you say

Bashing heads

it reminds me of the Spanish bumblebee in the simpsons that only ever says "Ay Ay Ay, No me gusta" (can't you tell i didn't learn spanish!!) :woot: :weee: :rofl:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI