This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Nervous new member

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi > Just found this place. Was recommended by the Norton 360 forum, it all seems very expert. Have a Windows/malware issue. It all seems very tough here. Where do I post please? I hate breaking forum rules.
Hi Matt N and welcome to the forum.

Please do not follow any advice unless it is from a trained member of the Malware Team as running random tools when the infection is unknown could do more damage and hinder us in our search for the root cause.

Have a look at Getting Started: How to Get Help to find out how to start a new topic and get help.

Regards

Satchfan
Thank you. I did look where you have pointed me to but am unsure about how to proceed. Am I to follow those instruction what ever the problem might be? Do I need to start a new thread to describe my problem? It appears not but I am being cautious. May be too cautious I suppose. I am aware that the wrong approach may make things worse.
If you think there may be malware on your computer you should start a topic in the Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forum.

Click on "New Topic" at the top on the right.

In the window that opens, give the topic a title, (just a few words describing why you need help), and in the main window describe the problems you are having with your computer, including symptoms that are unusual, redirects or popups, for example.

When you have posted the new topic you will be answered by one of the Malware Team and given instructions about what to do next. The reply may not be immediate as we have many people asking for help and are kept quite busy but hopefully you won't have to wait long. ^_^

Satchfan
Hi Matt N, Yes,it can look a little intimidating at first, but if you take it slow and easy and follow Satchfan's advice you won't go far wrong. If you are stuck with anything or want to help on how to proceed just post your question and one of us will do our best to help. We are a pretty friendly bunch here at WTT so don't worry overmuch! Regards paws