This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Desktop icons broken in windows 7

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi on my mums laptop running windows 7 ultimate the desktop icons are showing as normal but there is a small white box with a blue bar at the top appearing in the bottom left hand corner of all icons other than my computer icon. I have tried two rebuild icon cache tools and fix broken shortcuts using advanced windows care but none of these worked. I also deleted an icon and replaced it with a new one and still the same. I done a quick scan with both malware bytes and super anti-spyware thinking it could be malware but scans all clear. I also ran microsoft fix it tool and it detected no problems.I am unsure what my mum has done to cause this any help appreciated. thanks!
thanks! your a star it was a program called enhance7seven or something that messed it up. that tool you pointed me to worked a treat :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI