manicd
Topic Starter
Hi,
I've been getting the BSOD (Reference_By_Pointer) whenever I close iTunes by clicking on the red cross button.
I ran a utility called BlueScreenView with the following results:
==================================================
Dump File : Mini071713-02.dmp
Crash Time : 17/07/2013 19:52:41
Bug Check String : REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
Bug Check Code : 0x00000018
Parameter 1 : 0x85acb960
Parameter 2 : 0x8ab84d90
Parameter 3 : 0x00000001
Parameter 4 : 0x00000001
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+726c
File Description : Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.0.6002.18005 (lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+44d95
Stack Address 1 : ntkrnlpa.exe+1ef368
Stack Address 2 : ntkrnlpa.exe+22e60f
Stack Address 3 : ntkrnlpa.exe+44dd0
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071713-02.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 6002
Dump File Size : 144,240
Dump File Time : 17/07/2013 19:53:41
==================================================
I would get rid of iTunes altogether, but unfortunately I have purchases tied to the application.
Is there any fixes or anyway I can get to the bottom of this please.
Thanks in advance
I've been getting the BSOD (Reference_By_Pointer) whenever I close iTunes by clicking on the red cross button.
I ran a utility called BlueScreenView with the following results:
==================================================
Dump File : Mini071713-02.dmp
Crash Time : 17/07/2013 19:52:41
Bug Check String : REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
Bug Check Code : 0x00000018
Parameter 1 : 0x85acb960
Parameter 2 : 0x8ab84d90
Parameter 3 : 0x00000001
Parameter 4 : 0x00000001
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+726c
File Description : Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.0.6002.18005 (lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+44d95
Stack Address 1 : ntkrnlpa.exe+1ef368
Stack Address 2 : ntkrnlpa.exe+22e60f
Stack Address 3 : ntkrnlpa.exe+44dd0
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071713-02.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 6002
Dump File Size : 144,240
Dump File Time : 17/07/2013 19:53:41
==================================================
I would get rid of iTunes altogether, but unfortunately I have purchases tied to the application.
Is there any fixes or anyway I can get to the bottom of this please.
Thanks in advance