Yeah, I know this is an often dealt-with thing, but… I've never seen it with THIS problem.
I try to put stuff into mymp3-player and then after about one gig it says it is full (the machine has 7 gig). Now, this isn't that odd… it's electronics, they do stuff. ANYHOW, then I thought perhaps it calculates it according to free spcace in C drive, so I tried to check the properties… crash. And my BSoD doesn't stay on long, so all I get to read is "Driver_IRQ_NOT_ (also might be IRQL). Anyhow, it does that always if I do that. Also, if I attach a memory stick and try to use it, the same problem occurs. WHAT TO DO!?
Thanks.
(man, my pc is a wreck).
Need to capture the BSOD.
Right click on My Computer.
Click Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings.
Uncheck box for "Automatically restart".
Alternatively, boot to Safe mode and select "Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure". This is only available if you have SP2 or SP3 installed.
Post results of next BSOD here please. More info is better than less.
Right, this is what I got form it.
The blue screen said:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xB9480000. 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0xF74CFF70)
****SCSIPORT.Sys - Address F74CFF70 base at F74CB000, Date Stamp 4802539d
Then later on the pc, when restarted, said that I can send the crash info to microsoft. There I picked up this:
NOTE: I removed some of the path so as to not reveal my real name!
Temp\WERd4bc.dir00\Mini020610-02.dmp
Temp\WERd4bc.dir00\sysdata.xml
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : AE980000 BCP2 : 00000006 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F74CFF70 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1
WOAH! Hold on there, buddy. You have to remember that I know NOTHING about ANYTHING to do with computers. So I understood absolutely zero per cent of that post.
Sorry, but how am I supposed to know that? You gave no indication you were not familiar with computer terminology and seemed to have no problem capturing the BSOD info.
Let me try again
Do you backup your computer hard drive? If so, do you use a tape drive of some kind (almost all were SCSI = Small Computer System Interface - another way to connect hard drives and other devices to a PC). The others are:
IDE Integrated Drive Electronics Sata Serial ATA (Advanced Technology Attachment) E-Sata External Serial ATA USB Universal Serial Bus FireWire IEEE 1394 interface
Capture a picture of Device Manager and post it here please.
Click on Start then Run, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO to open Device Manager.
Well, I am afraid you won't understand much of this… it is in finnish, and as I don't understand a dayam thing about this stuff, I can't translate it
Ps. I do know such simple things as image capturing etc But thanks for telling me anyhow, just to make sure.
I do see a SCSI- ja RAID-ohjaimet which indicates you have some kind of SCSI controller / device. What kind of hard drive do you have in your computer?
Open My Computer. Right click on the C: drive and select Properties. Click on the Hardware tab. Post an image of that window please. Mine looks like this: [external image: Posted Image]
I have 3 hard drives and a DVD-RW drive.
That should identify the type of hard drive you have. If it's not SCSI, then you can try right clicking on SCSI- ja RAID-ohjaimet in Device Manager and selecting Uninstall, then reboot. XP will re-detect the controller/device and re-load the driver. See if that resolves the problem.
As I said in the first post: "ANYHOW, then I thought perhaps it calculates it according to free spcace in C drive, so I tried to check the properties… crash". So, no can do.
This is an excellent site that has a lot of good information on Safe Mode. Specifically what it is, why and when you would want to use it and how to use it. It also provides some excellent instructions on troubleshooting problems on your computer. Here is the link:
Hmn, besides being Finnish, mine looks very different. Anyhow, here it is.
The pic is a bit bad… sorry. But all of them say "laite toimii oikein", which means "the device is working correctly".
Looks like your hard drive and both optical drives are SCSI, very unusual now days.
What do you use for Anti-virus? Do you have any backup software installed? If so, what is it? From what I can find, these are often the cause of SCSIPORT problems. They install what's called a filter driver and if apparently they have been known to cause problems.
What is the make and model number of your computer? Perhaps there are updated SCSI drivers available?
I've got F-Secure.
As for the backup software.. I've no idea. And this isn't any make or model, as it was built by my sister's ex. About 5 years ago. Worked like a charm until now.