This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Yahoo Mail trouble

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I cannot log onto my Yahoo Mail from my MacBook using the same PW I use when logging on from my iMac, iPhone or Nook. I have tried both Safari & Chrome - neither works. Yahoo only gives me an option to CHANGE my PW - which I do not want to do because I have it set up for auto log in from the other devices. There is no option to RECOVER my PW, although there is a link that says I can recover my PW. But I checked the PW on these other devices, and it is the same PW I keep trying to use on the MacBook. Have been trying for several days - it was working fine last week. Can't contact Yahoo because the boxes on contact customer service won't allow my question, insisting I am giving personal information not asked for. I'm only describing the issue, not mentioning my ID, etc. WHat could the problem be, and how can I fix it?
Hi coachgns Thanks for the update and glad its now OK I have heard of this happening in the past, but I've vever been able to find out the exact cause. The best I have been told is that maybe Yahoo were switching over servers for routine maintenance or replacement and then testing out the various functions, ironing out the bugs and then retesting….. I do know that Yahoo have had some security concerns over the integrity of some of their infrastructure…. maybe this explains the "now you can, now you cant" scenario… Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI