This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Error: Installing Skype failed; code 2 The system cannot find the file

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Pleae help. I've been trying to install Skype and this error always pops up. its not just skype neither, I have problems updating iTunes, and other programs as well. I've taken ownership of the local files and deleted the entire Skype folder including the one inside Roaming. PLEASE HELP ASAP! Im running Windows 7 64 bit Installing Skype failed; code 2 The system cannot find the file specified
Tried doing what both links told me to do. Now I get a different error. The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\Skype\Apps\login. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator. I am on the only account in this computer. Also I already Took Ownership of the whole ProgramData folder. PLEASE HELP
I ended up having to use whats called "Portable Skype" It really sucks because idk if its just me but the quality is a lot worse.
It might be worthwhile trying to run the executables with elevated privileges. Right click and select "Run as Administrator" See if this helps post back with details of what happens. Have you tried running the application by booting into the "super admin account"? (logging on as The Administaror (not just using an administrator level account)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI