Recently, I had an update for Skype. I tried to update it but it says it can't find my skype folder. I checked to see if my skype folder was there and it is, in the (x86). This also happens with iTunes and Adobe Flash. It can't seem to find the correct folder for any of the programs. Please help.
ITunes Error:
"The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes\SCInfo. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.
The thing is I am on administrator and im the only administrator on the computer. I even tried run as administrator.
The simplest way to deal with the ones that say they can't find… is totally uninstall them, then install the new version, so it will be a fresh install and wont need the folder it can't find, it will (or should) create a new one during the process, not an ideal way to go, but IMO it's the simplest assuming nothing gets in the way of it.
Now the Admin ones, assuming your using Windows 7, you are not running in an Admin account, that account is disabled by default, as that is what allows infections to do their worst, that said, you can use Admin rights in these cases, to do this simply right click on the install file, then select to "Run As Admin" then install as normal, by doing this you are granting temp Admin rights to get the job done, and doing this should sort that issue as well, hope this helps.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI