This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

restoring partition problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I apologise if its not. I downloaded a program to restore the partition on my dell laptop, I don't know what the program is called….since then I can't get my laptop to boot, it just keeps coming up with a diagnostic/system check program as soon as the dell logo goes. I can't boot in safe mode, all it will let me do is load setup. Can anyone help me? Thanks Lisa
Hi daughty, sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing with your computer 1 Its useful for us to know the make and model number of your dell laptop, and the operating system you are using. Please advise. 2 Can you advise details of the problems with the partition you were trying to restore and if it was the main boot partition a data partition or a recovery partition. 3 Can you tell us the name of the software that you downloaded and ran? 4 Check your back ups… do they include everything thats important to you on your computer? stuff you dont want to lose? Make sure you have at least one extra copy of your back up kept safe offsite on removable media together with a bootable CD 5 Can you boot into a command prompt via the recovery environment, using your MS Windows installation disc or Repair disc? Post back with the details and we will do our best to help Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI