This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Printer/networking help needed please

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Guys - I have my printer setup downstairs and wired to the router. I've always been able to print from various pc's around the house but something now I'm unable to print wireless from one of my PC's and I can't figure out why. Can anyone advise of the steps I can take to troubleshoot? Printer is a Brother MFC 5860 and I have windows XP. Thanks
I would check the printer properties on this PC and make sure the IP address is correct - compare them to a working PC. I note if my printer, or one my computers is disconnected from power, it may pickup a different IP assignment when power is restored so I have to reconfigure my settings. If all looks okay, you may need to uninstall the printer driver from that PC and reinstall it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI