This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

what laptop to get

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am thinking of buying a laptop, have always had a desktop. I know nothing about laptops and was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction. I have lots of photos and my financials in Excel. If you could just give me the brand and what I should make sure it has, I can take it from there. I am not looking for the most expensive one that is for sure and I do no high tech stuff on it. Thanks.
either a laptop with an intel i3 cpu or an intel i5 cpu is what i'd go for.

here's an example of each, both come with windows 8 operating system which is a shame, because i think windows 7 is a much better os, but i think you'll be hard pressed now to find a win 7 laptop with the same specifications and price as the windows 8 laptops.

a $400 i3 laptop :- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16834230922

a $500 i5 laptop :- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16834215992

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI