This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Looking for light laptop or netbook

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My hp pavilion ze2000 is getting old and frail (4-5 years old), and I'm for a replacement. I have a desktop, so this would be for mobile/school use. I'm looking for something 9-12 inch, long battery life, preferably something with xp. One netbook I looked at was the ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1 in for its long battery life. Any suggestions?
The Acer AsPire One have been sold almost excluysively with Linux linpus And it have worked fairly well. Simple interface, not to much for the user to screw up if recipient is not used to Linux. Use very small interface resources in Linpus and as long as user is not using Terminal, all is fine. Tried wireless network with Danish ISP, (Telia) and worked flawlessly. Just insert the USB modem, and it would configure itself. Had to make a resue partition on a 4 Gb USB stick tho, as I formatted the whole "darn" with a Win98 (ME actually) and FDISK.- Cheaper to get for some people (like I) And easy to acdtivate the rescue partiton with F2 on boot. hope that helps a bit, othertwise, just ask away!

Ps: Linux linpus is based on the fedora Linux Distro, but since Acer Aspire One use 4GB collective memry (USB Stick memory) Why not go for smallest available linux distro available? That is, I f you only use it to read/write mail, and surf, it is the way to go. Fewer security programs needed, and faster overall, check it!

Cheers
Sorry deleted a couple of duplicate messages/posts, dunno what happened….

I still strongly suggest that on a computer this age, I, myself, would install some form of Linux on it.
Linux distro's that performs very well atm, would be Mint and Fedora (Fedora for its ease of use) and the
newest Ubuntu mayhaps….

if any question is still swaying, please air them.

Cheers

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI