Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Visio setup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spiny Norman

Spiny Norman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi there - can anyone help me with this. Every couple of times I boot up my PC I get a screen asking me to add the product key and install Visio. I don't even know what this is. Can anyone help me prevent this screen and help me identify if I have this software lurking somewhere? I think I got his from my student son who was using it for a college class and would rather clutter my computer than install it on his Mac. :angry: Anyway I don't want to install it and I'd like to get rid of the reminder but can't figure out how. Appreciate any help, Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

As best I know it's a part of office, or is often used aside it, it should have an entry in add\remove programs, if it does just uninstall it, unless something is messed up it should do the trick, if it persists after this then if you have Winpatrol look under Start up programs, if it's in there then highlight it and select Remove, it's a safe program so in it's own right so it's nothing to worry about, hope this helps.

Braindead

#3 Spiny Norman

Spiny Norman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Thanks I appreciate the reply. It wasn't in Add/Remove programs nor in startup. I did find it though under Documents and settings/guest

#4 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

I wonder if it's a leftover file from an unclean uninstall previously then, removing it from start up should stop it coming up with luck, WinPatrol gives great control in this, or you could type
msconfig
into the search box, open the result (not sure if you need to right click and run as Admin if applicable), click on the Start Up tab, then uncheck the box next to the visio entry, assuming there is one, if there isn't and the problem persists we will need to look deeper, but hope this helps.

Braindead

#5 Spiny Norman

Spiny Norman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

it does thanks