Hi there - can anyone help me with this. Every couple of times I boot up my PC I get a screen asking me to add the product key and install Visio. I don't even know what this is. Can anyone help me prevent this screen and help me identify if I have this software lurking somewhere?
I think I got his from my student son who was using it for a college class and would rather clutter my computer than install it on his Mac.
Anyway I don't want to install it and I'd like to get rid of the reminder but can't figure out how.
Appreciate any help, Thanks
As best I know it's a part of office, or is often used aside it, it should have an entry in add\remove programs, if it does just uninstall it, unless something is messed up it should do the trick, if it persists after this then if you have Winpatrol look under Start up programs, if it's in there then highlight it and select Remove, it's a safe program so in it's own right so it's nothing to worry about, hope this helps.
I wonder if it's a leftover file from an unclean uninstall previously then, removing it from start up should stop it coming up with luck, WinPatrol gives great control in this, or you could type
msconfig
into the search box, open the result (not sure if you need to right click and run as Admin if applicable), click on the Start Up tab, then uncheck the box next to the visio entry, assuming there is one, if there isn't and the problem persists we will need to look deeper, but hope this helps.