Guys - can anyone guide me on this?
Some time ago my son was given a college project which required him to install Microsoft Vision 2010. He didn't want it on his Mac so he attempted to install it on my desktop. He couldn't get it to install but I am left with the baggage.
Right now in "My Computer" I seem to have a drive called Office14 (F:)
Does anyone know what this is and whether it's safe to remove? Every now and then my pc prompts me to activate this software but I don't have the product key and I have no need for this software. It's just bloating my system..
Appreciate any help, thanks
That folder is created by the application (Office) as best I know, I see it on many system's, but it is always there before I get there as office is preinstalled on pretty much all systems these days, so the folder is not a concern IMO, but it may be required by Office component's, as to removing, just use add\remove programs like you would with any other program you no longer want, or use Revo to get even deeper, BUT, take notice if you actually use other parts of office, if you do, this may be contained within that installation group, if this happens instead of uninstall, you should be able to select Modify if it doesn't have it's independent uninstaller, in there you mark the check boxes appropriately to remove the parts you no longer want, but if you do use office, like word, leave that folder alone to be safe, if you need more info on this please feel free to holla, hope this helps.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI