Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MS Visio 2010

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spiny Norman

Spiny Norman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Guys - can anyone guide me on this? Some time ago my son was given a college project which required him to install Microsoft Vision 2010. He didn't want it on his Mac so he attempted to install it on my desktop. He couldn't get it to install but I am left with the baggage. Right now in "My Computer" I seem to have a drive called Office14 (F:) Does anyone know what this is and whether it's safe to remove? Every now and then my pc prompts me to activate this software but I don't have the product key and I have no need for this software. It's just bloating my system.. Appreciate any help, thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

That folder is created by the application (Office) as best I know, I see it on many system's, but it is always there before I get there as office is preinstalled on pretty much all systems these days, so the folder is not a concern IMO, but it may be required by Office component's, as to removing, just use add\remove programs like you would with any other program you no longer want, or use Revo to get even deeper, BUT, take notice if you actually use other parts of office, if you do, this may be contained within that installation group, if this happens instead of uninstall, you should be able to select Modify if it doesn't have it's independent uninstaller, in there you mark the check boxes appropriately to remove the parts you no longer want, but if you do use office, like word, leave that folder alone to be safe, if you need more info on this please feel free to holla, hope this helps.

Braindead