Hi there,
I'm currently having issues removing unknown viruses from my laptop. I tried downloading Norton 360 to deal with the issue- problem is I can not install it due to viruses. The problems I'm having are as follows:
- Unable to install any anti-virus (tried Avira and Norton 360. Have not tried any others as I do not want to pay and then find out I can't install it),
- Unable to install new programs,
- Internet running increasingly slower,
- Blue screen with white text may come up while using the laptop, then will begin to restart, showing a black screen with white writing which states "checking physical memory",
- Two pop up windows appear when computer is switched on. The first, titled "SweetIM.exe- Application error" states, "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close application". The second, titled "ALMon" states "error loading external resources (0x80070005)".
Please note I do not have the master operating disc for this laptop.
Thanks,
Siouxzie
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.
Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
please follow all instructions in the order posted
please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
Run RogueKiller
IMPORTANT: Please remove any usb or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!
Close all running programs.
Download one of these to your desktop:
for a 32-bt system download this version.
for 64-bit use this one
.
close all running programs
for Windows Vista/Seven, right click -> run as administrator, for XP simply double-click on RogueKiller.exe
when the pre-scan is finished, click on Scan
click on Report and copy/paste the content in your next post
NOTE: DO NOT attempt to remove anything that the scan detects –everything that is reported is not necessarily bad
If the program is blocked, continue to try it several times. If it still doesn’t work, (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe.
Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next reply.
Hi SiouxzieD
It has been a couple of days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.
Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.
Thanks
Satchfan