Tried taking out HDD & converting it to USB. REFUSES to allow access to the files. Keeps getting BSOD & worse, it overrides the computer it's attached to shutting it down as well. Heard that UCBD4Win works but don't see where it helps Win7 OS,.Dell laptop 1754 currently unable to boot up. Can access F8 screen but each of the choices eventually either leads to a BSOD, an auto shut down or a locked-up screen. Can start from either USB or CD-ROM but seems whatever's wrong w/Win7 keeps the system from booting or accepting the recovery disk. Tried loading Win7 disks to no avail. I'd like to use UBCD4Win but need to know if it works on Windows7 OS. If not, what do you suggest to get past boot-up problems?
Codes gotten from BSOD after running F8 are:
SAFE MODE: loads to ‘class PNP’ then fast moves to BSOD. Once it booted to this message: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NO PAGED_AREA" with the following codes Ox000050 (OXA17B9CD8, OXOOOOO1, OX8AA45C02)
SAFE MODE W/COMMAND PROMPT: goes to CLASS PNP.SYS then I get choice of 'Repair" or "START WINDOWS NORMALLY". Under Start Windows Normally I get "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL" w/the codes OX000007F (0X000000, OXOOOOOFF,8A8A4BO8,OXOOOOOO) SAFE w/BOOT LOGGING: BSOD -off
LOW RESOLUTION VIDEO: BSOD fast RESTART TO F8 BSOD reading BAD_POOL_HEADER w/ codes OXOOOOO19, OXOOOOO3, OX8EOC76T8 OX890C76OO OR BSOD then shuts off DRIVER SIGNATURE BSOD F8 OX000L8E (OX000LO5, 8AA8 C593, 8AF8889-C, OX000000)
DEBUGGING MODE: BSOD reading IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL w/codes OXOOOOOA (0X189BO8C, OXOOOOFT, OXOOO199, 0X8A87CBO OR can get IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL OXOOOOOF ( 0XOOOOOO, OOOOFF, 8A8A4B08 (? - shut off the screen b4 I could get last code)
RESTORE LOADS TO CLASS.PNP THEN A FAST SCREEN TO ‘GOES TO KERNEL REPAIR” THEN FORCES SHUT DOWN LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION" goes to CLASS PNP then shuts off.
DISABLE AUTOMATIC RESTART: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT OXOOOO4R (OX000000, 0XOOOOOO, OXOOOOOO, OXOOOO1)
Every so often I get 'OS not found'. This is very frustrating! I've tried the trick of removing all power & battery, holding down the power key for 30 sec & then putting back everything & restarting. Also removed the RAM & cleaned it w/97% denatured alcohol in case of carbon deposits interfering w/power (since it keeps shutting itself off). This was at the urging of System Mechanic's techs (if you want to call them that - they keep running off to 'check with someone'.) So that's not it. I'm open to pretty much all ideas at this point to recover my data. Am DESPERATE!
Hi logical1, sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing with your computer.
As a first step, do not switch your computer on (if it is off) or try to restart it until you have checked that all your back ups of everything that is important to you on your computer are up to date, contain everything you would not want to lose and you have at least one copy kept safe on removable media offsite.
There is a possibility that your hard drive is beginning to fail (or has failed) hence the necessitity to check your back ups and make sure they are all Ok and reproducible.
Trying to restart your computer risks pushing the hard drive "over the edge" and precipitating the failure that could take all your stuff with it…..
It is by no means certain (based upon the information supplied so far) that your hard drive is failing, and we will need to recommend some further steps to help diagnose the issue…. however before we do that we would like you to confirm that your back ups are all 100%….
Regards
paws
Back up media is not able to access the drive. no matter what I use it goes to the BSOD or the F8 screen where each leads (eventually) to either a lock-up or automatic shut down or BSOD. Tried original Win7 disks but they're refused. Back up disks can't get in either. The weird thing is how as a USB it takes over whatever computer it's hooked to & shuts it down as well. (Thank heavens whatever's wrong goes away after the USB's disconnected!)
I have some of the files backed up but a lot of what was permanent's on the SanDisk which does not recognize my password - so that's effectively lost to me until I can get into that HDD. Worse, I have MS & that HDD controlled everything I use - made it possible for me to turn lights on/off, talk to others, the burglar-fire alarm etc.
There were 2 incidents where the system suddenly went to a bright neon- yellow screen & started hissing, necessitating a hard shut down. These happened a week apart & when I ran diagnostics after the 1st time nothing was found wrong. I wondered about the JAVA virus which may've set up an infection but Norton didn't catch anything out of sorts. When I get the diagnostic screen it runs all check until it gets to memory where it gets to about 1/3 done then suddenly the system shuts down/off.
I need some sort of program that can get past the problem & let me boot up. Even if I lose f; it's temporary since Pandora & other programs can recover deleted files that are still on any HDD even without a directory. Let me know if you need any further info. thanks
There were 2 incidents where the system suddenly went to a bright neon- yellow
screen & started hissing,
Are you saying that your back ups (the ones that you keep on removable media) are incomplete or cannot be accessed even on a different machine?
I appreciate that you having problems with accessing them on the troublesome computer but you should be able to check them on a different computer to make sure they are complete and accurate and include everything that is important to you (stuff you don't want to lose)
Only after you are happy with your back ups can we proceed to recommend checking out your hard drive (the testing /repair utilities stress your hard drive to a certain extent and if the drive is failing then we want to be sure your back up is good and reproducible, before we recommend any further steps.
Please therefore post back with an update on your back up status.
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI