tarabas999
Topic Starter
Hi there,
I have a new ASUS Laptop Intel 4 2.6 GH (XP) and after some time I am facing lately problems as:
When going on the internet (I use the laptop just at home with a normal modem connection) the system idle process goes down after some minutes to something like 49, the processor is starting to work very loud and the system gets very slow and instable. Often webpages can not be shown no more or the whole explorer has to be shut down. Same happens when working in outlook online. The system tray when then opened is only shown often at the short icon list on the bottom right of windows and can not be popped up.
The svchost.exe system process is when everything starts jumping up to something like 50 which is causing the system problems (I guess).
Also I have the feeling that the speed is generally worse then before that problem has occured the first time when I am offline.
I have run adaware, spysubstract, several virus scans and deleted all suspects - didnt help. I have done a regclean too.
I am now at the end of my (very small) knowledge how to fix that thing. I would be very grateful if someone could give me a hint how to fix that problem. concerning the log: the Aon stuff refers to my Austrian internet provider.
thanks a lot in advance!!!
martin
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 21:08:12, on 05.06.2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
C:\Programme\Asus\ASUS Hotkey\Hotkey.exe
C:\Programme\Wireless LAN Utility\SiWake.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\ATKOSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
c:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
C:\download\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://search.Aon.at
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.asus.com.tw
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = ftp=proxy.aon.at:8080;http=proxy.aon.at:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.aon.at;
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hcontrol] C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\Hcontrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Live Update] C:\Programme\ASUS\ASUS Live Update\ALU.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Power_Gear] C:\Programme\ASUS\Power4 Gear\BatteryLife.exe 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Programme\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Programme\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Programme\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Programme\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb10.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Programme\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AttuneClientEngine] C:\PROGRA~1\Aveo\Attune\bin\attune_ce.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Auto Protect] mcafee32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NAV Auto Protect] mcafee32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NAV Auto Protect] mcafee32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ASUS ChkMail.lnk = C:\Programme\Asus\Asus ChkMail\ChkMail.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Hotkey.lnk = C:\Programme\Asus\ASUS Hotkey\Hotkey.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SiWake.lnk = C:\Programme\Wireless LAN Utility\SiWake.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research (HKLM)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.asus.com.tw
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shock…ash/swflash.cab
I have a new ASUS Laptop Intel 4 2.6 GH (XP) and after some time I am facing lately problems as:
When going on the internet (I use the laptop just at home with a normal modem connection) the system idle process goes down after some minutes to something like 49, the processor is starting to work very loud and the system gets very slow and instable. Often webpages can not be shown no more or the whole explorer has to be shut down. Same happens when working in outlook online. The system tray when then opened is only shown often at the short icon list on the bottom right of windows and can not be popped up.
The svchost.exe system process is when everything starts jumping up to something like 50 which is causing the system problems (I guess).
Also I have the feeling that the speed is generally worse then before that problem has occured the first time when I am offline.
I have run adaware, spysubstract, several virus scans and deleted all suspects - didnt help. I have done a regclean too.
I am now at the end of my (very small) knowledge how to fix that thing. I would be very grateful if someone could give me a hint how to fix that problem. concerning the log: the Aon stuff refers to my Austrian internet provider.
thanks a lot in advance!!!
martin
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 21:08:12, on 05.06.2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
C:\Programme\Asus\ASUS Hotkey\Hotkey.exe
C:\Programme\Wireless LAN Utility\SiWake.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\ATKOSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
c:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
C:\download\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://search.Aon.at
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.asus.com.tw
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = ftp=proxy.aon.at:8080;http=proxy.aon.at:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.aon.at;
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hcontrol] C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\Hcontrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Live Update] C:\Programme\ASUS\ASUS Live Update\ALU.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Power_Gear] C:\Programme\ASUS\Power4 Gear\BatteryLife.exe 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Programme\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Programme\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Programme\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Programme\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb10.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Programme\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AttuneClientEngine] C:\PROGRA~1\Aveo\Attune\bin\attune_ce.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Auto Protect] mcafee32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NAV Auto Protect] mcafee32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NAV Auto Protect] mcafee32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ASUS ChkMail.lnk = C:\Programme\Asus\Asus ChkMail\ChkMail.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Hotkey.lnk = C:\Programme\Asus\ASUS Hotkey\Hotkey.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SiWake.lnk = C:\Programme\Wireless LAN Utility\SiWake.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research (HKLM)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.asus.com.tw
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shock…ash/swflash.cab