This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

pc laptop hangs/freezes at random

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, It freezes very at random when on the internet, when not on the internet (like when using Notepad, Open Office, etc), when trying to shut down (for example: Start button won't respond when I click on it), & it won't respond when clicking on ctrl+alt+delete. I guess it's more than 50% of the time that these things work well. When it does hang or freeze, it continues to do that, so from that point on, it's not random. That's when I shut down my laptop, wait 10 seconds, then start it up again. That can help alot sometimes. I got help 2 weeks ago in the malware forum. I should've kept going with that, but I got a reply that didn't notify me in my email, so I lost track - plus, at the time, it seemed like my computer was doing better. I should check my topic online, not wait for the email notification.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI